Friday 31 May 2013

Project 237.....fish cakes

My grandmother used to make these......my mom's making them.....I'm making them.....

We all eat them served differently.....My husband likes them with lettuce and lemon juice drizzled over them on wholewheat bread.....I like them with lettuce and atchar.....or with quince jam!  The boys eat them without adding anything.....

Use a 410g tin pilchards it tomatosauce, add 2 cups of flour, 1 tsp bakingpowder, 2 eggs, a small chopped onion and salt and pepper to taste.  I add  2.5 ml origanum and about 1.5 ml mustard powder.  If it is too dry, I add some tomato sauce.

Shallow fry them in oil and turn around halfway to do the other side.  Drain on a paper towel.

This is so easy and makes about 20 cakes from 1 tin of fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment