Tuesday 11 June 2013

Project 238.....rusks......

Years ago my middle son was hospitalised with pneumonia.  A friend brought me these rusks.  I loved it, and the moment I got home, I asked for the recipe, and am making it ever since then.

5x250 ml flour
50 ml baking powder
10 ml baking soda
10 ml salt
750 ml wholegrain/ nutty crunch flour(I prefer nutty crunch)
500 ml crunched weetbix(about 6 blocks)
500g margarine
500ml buttermilk
500 ml sugar
10 ml brown vinegar
2 eggs

Mix everything.  If it is too runny, you can add extra weetbix.  I use extra fibre bran.....about a cup.  Press your dough into two swissroll pans.  Bake at 200*C for about half an hour.  Cut into fingers when you remove it from the oven.  Allow to cool in pan.  Remove and dry at about 100*C until dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment