Wednesday 26 June 2013

project 245.........recycled t-shirt throw

This was was other long term project.......

I did the quilt as previously posted and had been busy with this one for some time.  I think this one could have taken much quicker if I had a lot of t-shirts to work from right from the start, but after cutting a few old ones, I had to wait again for others to be thrown out!  But I am much more clever now....from now on I am going to cut all the old t-shirts and roll it into balls so that the next time I want to do something like this, I have some saved up!

I started the blocks with 30 stitches each and knitted normal stocking stitch until the ball was finished.  I crocheted them together with white material and gave it a material backing. 

I decided to test it out on my hubby the other night as it was extremely cold the night before....-7*C the morning!  My brand new gerbera plant froze inside the house! 

So I placed it at the foot end of the bed at night....My husband thought it was great!  The next morning he said that his feet was warm all night!  Might not be the prettiest thing, but wow it's warm!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment