Tuesday 18 June 2013

Project 242...cabbage frikkadels

I woke up this afternoon(I'm working night duty) and literally tasted this!  My mom used to make these when we were kids, but I can not recall myself ever making it!

A 'frikkadel' is the Afrikaans word for a meatball.  It is basically
meatballs wrapped in cabbage, and then cooked in a soup-based sauce.

I mixed my meatballs as usual and kept it aside.  I then blanched the cabbage leaves in boiling water for about 3 minutes and immediately dipped it in cold water thereafter.  I then wrapped the meatballs with the cabbage leaves, sprinkled some spicy tomato soup-powder on top and added some boiling water.  I covered my dish with foil and cooked it for some time at 200*C in the oven.  I removed the foil about 10 minutes before dishing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment