Friday 31 May 2013

Project 234.....Leftover sphagetti in your muffin pan

As most of you know by now, I am a full time nursing sister apart from being a full time mom, a full time wife and a fulltime pastors wife as well!  So I have to work until seven at night with times......

Unfortunately(or is it fortunately?) three teenage boys are hungry long before that!  So my husband has to cook with times.....The only snag.....his cooking skills deteriorated after we got married, and his best effort is sphagetti and mince......ok, I must admit....he makes a pretty good macaroni and cheese......but oh!....the sphagetti.....I'll get that at least once on every shift of 2-3 days!  There was a time that he liked to make sausage with eggs as well..... I  then got  sphagetti the one night and sausage the next....two days rest(I'm cooking on my rest days), then sphagetti again....and sausage the following night!....His menu for the past few years!

I used to take the leftovers to work for lunch, but jee!  You do get slightly embarrassed eating sphagetti each and everytime you're working!  So I saw this on the net some time ago, and after eating sphagetti again last night, I decided to disguise the leftovers for breakfast this morning!  I totally forgot what the original recipe had in, but I used my immagination and made my own recipe....

The mince with mixed veggies was mixed into the sphagetti.  I then added some seasoned salt, two eggs, a little milk, half a teaspoon of baking powder, a little leftover BBQ-sauce, chopped onion and green pepper and a little grated cheese.   I spooned the mixture into the greased muffinpan and baked it for about 25 minutes at 180*C.  First time ever I did not have to eat the leftovers myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment