Wednesday 12 December 2012

project 138******jazzing up an antique necklace

This was one of my moms necklaces when she was a young girl.  Unfortunately it broke years ago and I've taken it to some jewelers in the past, but nobody was able to fix it, as the stuff they used years ago was not available anymore. 

For years it was lying in the jewelry box with no use.  One day I decided to jazz it up with organza ribbons and beads.  I removed the original broken chain and replaced it with the ribbons using crimps to fasten it.  I applied a fastener at the end using crimps again.  On the one side the ring of the original chain was broken as well, so I simply applied a small ring through a hole in the piece, and you have to look very close to see the difference.

I always get compliments when I wear it.  It was worthwhile  fixing it.

1 comment: