Friday 7 December 2012

Project 131.....supposed to be ultimate braai pie!

As you know by now, we 'braai' in South Africa.  And yes we 'braai' whatever we can 'braai'!

The other day my husband got this recipe from a friend on Face book.  I don't do Face book.....but I think he is hooked on it!

Well, we had to try it out, but it did not work on the fire, so I saved it by putting it in the oven quickly!  And it was so great, I had to share it!

Take a roll of shop bought puff pastry....add a layer of steamed spinach.....add some chicken cut into pieces....add some bacon(I've cooked it slightly in a pan).....add a good layer of mushrooms.....and then some cheese......I've used blue cheese, cheddar , tussers and mozzarella......add another roll of puff pastry on top and seal the sides......paint with some egg....and bake until done.....super delicious!

I think I'll try it on the open fire again using bread dough.......

No comments:

Post a Comment