Wednesday 12 December 2012

PROJECT 135......REMOVING PRESTIK FROM MATERIAL

When something goes wrong in church, it seems to be my problem to sort!  I am not the pastor....I am just married to him!  Happen to share a bed with him!  Raising the PK'S(pastors kids!)......seeing that there is flowers in church on a Sunday....seeing that my husband is going to his appointments...as diaries are for wives, I suppose......seeing to this.....seeing to that......

The other day I took the tablecloths from all the tables in church to come and wash them.......just to find somebody has put something with big blobs of prestik on one of the tablecloths........

Now, our church building is extremely hot.....and it was extremely hot the past few days.....and the sticky stuff has melted into the material!

I thought the tablecloth was ruined, but decided to see if it can be saved.....I save everything if I can!

I went to the net again....placed the tablecloth in the freezer for a day or two, scraped the sticky stuff off and then.....rubbed the marks with cooking oil.....and it came out!  I then used 'handy andy'(A  ammonia based household cleaner) to remove the oil marks!  Now isn't that pretty cool?




2 comments:

  1. Wow Sandra what an amazing trick! Thank you for sharing this. It worked 100% on my black mini Matt tablecloths!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, what also help is to take iceblocks and rub it over a small area the do same.roll it with a larger piece or an eraser.Then take Handy andy rub it and afterwards wash with carpet sjampoo Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete