Friday 7 December 2012

Project 129....rugs from recycled t-shirts

I paged through a magazine some time ago and saw they are selling balls of recycled t-shirt material at an upmarket shop in our mother city.  That gave me an idea....and I was definitely not going to pay the asking price for a recycled t-shirt!  So I harvested some old t-shirts from my boys, and started with the cutting....

I quickly mastered cutting one continues strip from a front/back.  I rolled it into balls and started making these rugs, just crocheting with a very thick hook.  I used the sleeves to make the ruffles at the ends.

The boys were disgusted with what I did, but soon pointed out their T's!  And I thought it is a cheap and easy way to give it to my boerboel to sleep on!  My mom even use two in her bathroom!

You can easily make it bigger,  or form lines.  I just used normal double trembles to crochet it.  At the moment I am knitting blocks with 40 stitches each for my other long term project I have mentioned earlier on.  But you only have so many old t-shirts!  It will still take some time to finish off.....

No comments:

Post a Comment