Tuesday 11 December 2012

A awkward moment!

We live in a smallish town, and although you can get all your basics here, there are a few things you have to go for to the neighbouring town.  So yesterday was one of those days....As I am working as from tomorrow night again, we decided to go and buy the boys their Christmas pressies yesterday, as the week before Christmas will be my off week, and it will be too busy then.  So the whole family got in the car and dragged along the entire day......from shop to shop.....

Getting quite fed up with the situation, my middle son and myself strolled off to another side of the big compartment store......then the most awkward thing happened.......

I found myself in a department that is selling these exciting bra's that I have seen on TV....and now it is here where the male readers should switch off!  It is girl talk now!.......

Well, when I saw the add on the TV, I thought:"Now that must be one comfortable bra!" and decided to try them when I see them.....It was not planned for, but there was these amazing bra's right in front of me!  I told my son that I just want to have a look quickly, and he stood aside giving me a little privacy....Now, I did not have my reading glasses on and struggled a little to see the sizes.....but I would have managed.....

The next moment a hoarse voice asked me if I need some help.....and there in front of me A MALE shop attendant!  Quite embarrassed about the situation I found myself in, he just continued....."What size cup are you waring mam?"  Now that was even more embarrassing!  Having to tell a man I wear a DD!  Just as I started to accept for the first time in my life that I was first in line when they handed out boobs, I had to tell a MALE stranger "DD sir!"

Well, he took a size from the shelf, took it out of the box, and showed me the size!  I was not sure although the salesman tried to convince me.  I wanted one bigger!  I mean the say that they go back to their original size on the telly!  He did not have one bigger on the same shelf, and had to go to another shelf.  I just had to wait there.....

By this time I wanted to pack up of laughter, and looked at y son....he was cracking with laughter, and just said:"Awkward!" I had to admit....awkward!

The guy came back finding us laughing.  I apologised and told him I was never sold a bra by a man before, and found it quite awkward.  He started laughing and telling me:"Don't worry mam, times have changed!  Others are doing dishes and looking after the kids whilst the woman are at work!"

We had a good laugh!  I bought the bra's.....and should have listened to the salesmen and should have taken one smaller size, as this one is slightly too wide around the chest.....but boy, are they comfortable!  Next time I have to go to the neighbouring town again. I am definitely going to get some more....and I surely hope that they are not going to take them off the market...EVER!

AND A BIG THUMBS UP TO MALE BRA SELLERS! I SUPPOSE IT IS BETTER THAN WASHING DISHES!

No comments:

Post a Comment