Monday 8 July 2013

project 250.....a basket from a 2l soda bottle

I made this for no particular reason!  I think the only reason might be to see the outcome.  Not something I have a use for now, but maybe if it was made from some string or raffia I could have found a use for it....It would have made a good container for some desert roses, and you would not feel bad to hang it outside in the sun. 

The wool I used is a disgusting colour, but I had to try it.  It is amazing how much junk you can turn into something else!  I'd love to start an upliftment programme just creating things from junk!

I've cut the soda bottle in half and punched some holes all around the rim.  I then crochet a small frill around it and gave it a sling.  I think you can even make them in pinks and purples and use them to put your party favours in for a little girls party!

No comments:

Post a Comment