Monday 8 July 2013

just a short note.....

I don't know if it is the same in your house, but I tend to make the same things over and over again!  Yesterday I made gingersnaps(project 24) for the so manieth time!  It is just sooo easy, and you know that they hardly ever flop!  I thought of making something else, but my time was limited.....I know that I can roll exactly 48 balls in 10 minutes when making ginger snaps!  And that is even measuring them with a 15 ml spoon as well!  So why bother making something else if you're in a hurry!

Last night friends came around for coffee, and when I took the ginger snaps out, our friend replied that he's going to take two straight away, as it is his favourite...then I thought....that's me....everybody knowing me, knows that I make ginger snaps!  Unfortunately doing the same things over and over again don't put new ideas on the blog!  But sometimes people just want something they are familiar with....

I have an adopted son, Siswe studying in Pretoria!  My husband is not aware of the fact that I have adopted him! HA HA!  The other night he phoned to ask how it is going on this side, and I enquired about his exam results.  He then said that he reads the blog when he misses home!  He just wants to see what we're up to!  Maybe he just want something familiar there on that side of the country!  Maybe he can smell the ginger snaps!

I don't want to make excuses, but sometimes I tend to do more habitual things, like making ginger snaps over and over, in stead of doing grate new things to place on the blog!  Maybe it is a phase....sometimes I make new things, though....and I forget to take the snap to prove it!  So please forgive if it is going on the slow side with times!...hang in there with me....hopefully the creative juices will start to flow again soon!  For now, I am going to have a cup of coffee with gingersnaps!

See my paintings I am busy with....




No comments:

Post a Comment