Monday 8 July 2013

Project 253....a good old fashioned cake

The other day my son asked me to make an old fashioned cake like one I made years ago.....I was mind boggled? What for a cake is that, I wondered....his reply......just a normal sponge cake.....with only a little frosting on top....just to sweeten it slightly.....So I made this humble recipe and he was satisfied....it tasted just like he wanted it!  The cake was polished in no time, I almost did not get a piece for a snap!

225g self raising flour
225 g margarine
225 g sugar
 
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
pinch of salt

Cream together the sugar and margarine. Add the rest and bake at 180*C for 25-30 minutes.  Allow to cool and add frosting as desired or jam in between two layers.

I realised that sometimes we want to make things more complicated.....you put so much effort into making fancy cakes and stuff, then at the end they don't even eat it!  But this old fashioned cake was a real winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment