Wednesday 16 October 2013

Project 264.....a roasted veggy pie

We have a bold and bald chap on TV with a program :Nataniel Tafel.  I love this chap....he is saying the funniest things without a smile....I even got my one son(a real comedian himself) to watch it with me.

He made this the other night as a main for a vegetarian meal, and personally I would it it as a main myself, but my family do like their meat with it.  I made it as a side dish twice now, but thinking of adding bacon the next time I am making it to make it a main for my meat eating family.

Nataniel said you can omit the cheese, but I am not sure if I want to do it!

Roast your veggies of choice in the oven.  Sprinkle it with olive oil before you place it in the oven for about 20 minutes.  I used butternut, sweet potatoes, green peppers, onions and garlic cloves.  I added a sprig of rosemary on top.

Use a roll of puff pastry and cover the base and sides of a pie dish or oven dish, or cake tin like I did.  Add the veggies on top of the pastry.  Add a handful
or two chopped fresh parsley, and salt and black pepper to taste.  Beat about four eggs and pour it over your veggies, and top with the cheese.  Bake at 180*C until done.

What a nice way to serve everyday veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment