Wednesday 16 October 2013

Project 262.....tuna savory tart

I accidentally bought two tins of tuna with added chilies!  I don't know how anybody could have thought that was a great idea to add chilies to tuna!  After opening one for tuna mayo sandwiches, I had to come up with an idea to use the other tin.  I found this recipe in a magazine some time ago, and wrote it down with the intention to make it for a Saturday lunch some time.  In stead of using two normal tins of tuna, I used the one with the chilies and one normal one.  It was so nice, so I decided to make it again the other day with two normal tins of tuna.....pleasant, but not as nice as the chili one!  Now I add one small chili with the original recipe as I can not find the chili tuna anywhere anymore.....maybe they thought it was a bad idea as well, and stopped producing it!  Anyhow....if you can find it, try it in this recipe.....

I give you the original recipe....add a chili if you feel like it....

375 ml milk
8 slices of white bread
4 eggs beaten
a little bit of oil
2 onions chopped
1 celery stalk chopped
2.5 ml fresh garlic crushed
45 ml fresh parsley chopped
1 green pepper(or red if you want to) chopped
5 ml dry mustard powder
10 ml baking powder
1 ml salt
black pepper to taste
500 ml grated cheese(you can use half cheddar and half mozzarella if you want to)
2 tins of tuna(I used tuna in vegetable oil, and added the whole tin.  I suggest you drain the water if using tuna in water)

Soak the bread in the milk until soft.
Sort your onions, celery ,garlic and pepper in the oil until done. 
Add the rest of your ingredients, half the cheese and the soaked bread to the mixture.
Add the rest of the cheese on top, and bake for 40 minutes at 180*C.

This is a lovely light lunch with a salad, and just as nice when it is cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment