Thursday 19 July 2012

Project 30: Red Velvet Cupcakes....with my own twist

My three boys are all colourblind....genitic disorder....and I never thought that my cooking skills would be judged because of this!

I saw these red velvet cupcakes all over Pinterest and had to make them!  The cookies were red, red, red....but my boys saw brown!  Why try something different?  Well.... at least they said I should make them again!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp red foodcolouring (powdered type.  I saw they use 30ml of the liquid stuff)
1 tsp vanilla essens
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1 tbsp white vinegar
1/2 cup cocao
1 tsp salt

Mix all and bake 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven of 175*C.

I then did the twist......I have squirted caramal condense milk with a star nozzle attatche to the icing bag into the centre of  the cupcakes......divine!  You don't see this, and when you bite you have these caramal centres.....Yum!

I covered it with normal white frosting.

Whether they were red or brown.....they only lasted from mornin' till noon!

No comments:

Post a Comment