Wednesday 4 April 2012

project 21..........making a flat bread.......

This is one of my favourites!  Easier you can not get!

I make this bread if I am in a hurry, and the visitors park in the driveway!  Goes well with soups, pasta and salads, and of course braai!

All you need is a packet of bread dough from your supermarket.....spray your swissroll pan with cooking spray.......press your dough over the whole pan.....drizzle with olive oil and use a brush to spray the oil over the whole piece of dough......sprinkle with fresh rosemary(use dry rosemary if you do not have fresh ones!), course sea salt and garlic......I sometimes use chillies as well......bake in a preheated oven of 200'C for 20-25 minutes......drizzle with olive oil when coming out of the oven......and there you have it!  By the time you want to feed the guests, the whole house is smelling of freshly baked bread, and you haven't done much!

It depends what I am cooking.....sometimes I mix half balsamic vinegar and half olive oil mixed with garlic and fresh chillies to serve with the bread.  We all break pieces(you can cut if you want too) and dip it in the oil mixture......divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment